Finding TXV problems?

Yep, I remember the green slime. Do you remember the 90% furnaces that got clogged with the white oil/grease that was used in the manufacturing process of the secondary heat exchanger tubes? Those were a fun mess to clean up. Oh and the one where the furnaces needed one of the condensate lines held down lower to keep water from trapping and sjhutting down........ Oh and the one where..............................(and on and on) :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Just a single speed on this unit. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Well, after this and one other N series, I think we are done with them too. The noise level alone is very big compared to the Premium line. I do remember a diff in price of about $400 from the builder grade to the premium line but sometimes the money just aint worth it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The display is very dim indeed.

Reply to
KJPRO

Yup, problem is, it's all junk anymore. I dont care what brand it is. So are the parts. Did a No A/C call yesterday. Trane 90% TUX100. Somewhere around 8 yrs old. Maiin circuit board was fried. Didnt see any water marks that did it. It just burnt up the fan relay on the board, thus, no fan on a call for cool. Drove to pickup the new board from R.E. Michel. Installed it, connected the wiring, turned it on and immediately got the red constant on LED meaning "Internal control failure. Replace board". That kinda sucked beings thats what I just did. Thought is was my futz up somehow so I double checked the idiot proof wiring and polarity. Nope. All is well. Called RE Michel. Counter dunce gave me a number to call their service tech guy. Called and left a message. One day later and I still havent received a call back. Went to get a second new board hooked it all up the same way and GEE, this board works just fine. Nothing like White-Rogers quality control checks. Fuquers. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Next time pickup two and take one back on the next trip to the distributor. :-)

Reply to
KJPRO

There's very little gas in my area so I only work on one or two gas units a year so I've been lucky not to run into any of their furnace problems. I usually have to take a class just to know what's happening because I don't get enough on the job experience with gas.

Reply to
Gary

I agree its all high efficiency junk. I'll bet I've had a dozen blown transformers this year on units under warranty. The problem: GE contactor, bad coil. Rare failures years ago have become common place today.

Reply to
Gary