Confused

Occasionally I read queries made by non-hvac professionals seeking advice from many of you that are professionals. Most of the replies accuse the poster of either wanting something for nothing or accuse the poster of ignorance. This is confusing to me as to why the professional should think the consumer has the same understanding of the subject as themselves and at same time explain the complexity and technical challenges the trade demands and at the same time, ask for their respect because you practice it. I understand the old saying "Buyers beware!" and it certainly is true. Why then, would it not be more appropriate to educate the consumer of what questions they should be asking of an hvac contractor and a little education on how to evaluate the answers, the potential pitfalls they face and the value the professional in the trade offers for the money that is charged. Like all trades, there are folks out there just ready to take their money and not deliver the required system or service and advertise their service as a bargain. Effectively, you folks should be more tolerant of ignorance. Please explain the rules and in many cases, the law. Steve.

Maybe you should hang out here for 10 or so years, and see the same questions, day in and day out. Most of which should be answered by their local tech because we can't *SEE* it through the computer screen. Then there are all those who when we tell them the truth and what they *NEED* to hear, its not what they *WANT* to hear. Then they get their panties in a bunch, and hang around here just to stir up shit. Or the idiots that got charged an OT service call because they didn't change the air filter, and those who try to tell us that what we told them is wrong.... etc. Lets not forget the folks that went to the big box store and bought a new thermostat because the sys tem was broken... when it had absolutely nothing to do with the thermostat...or thefolks that bought the new thermostat and want us to spoon feed them (sight unseen) on how to wire up and program their new stat..... or the ones that put the stat on and nothing works anymore because they shorted wires and fried the transformer.... or the EEs that figure they know everything and try to reinvent the wheel, then screw up their whole system in the process.....
Do you want more???
Sufice it to say that 99% of the time they should have called the local tech in the first place.
I've also been noticing that a few of the posters are chanelling the spirit of Dogbert the consultant. "How may I abuse you today".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Perfect! Wah wah wah, wah waaah!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

brain first, to be *that* smart.
then again, your personality is very like Asok the moron apprentice
And I want a memo on that by this afternoon.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormy, you stink.
Flatulently yours,
Fartikus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well? what is your answer? Snap it up.. I ain't got all day!

I've been noticing an Asshole that "thinks" he knows HVAC "trying" to help people. Problem is... that poster is only a polite MORON.
I'll tell him you send your love.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sorry for you... I'm NOT gay!
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:06:58 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"

Guys, It's a whole lot easier this way.................. Hey Steve Lusardi "Bite Me" ! God I love when I do that! :-) Bubba