Condenser Motor Or Capacitor?

Page 5 of 6

Noon-Air wrote:

Don't forget the cost of the fool that uses the fuel. ;-p

FWIW, I just paid $546 wholesale for a 4 ton coil *without* the expansion valve....how am I supposed to install that for $900 and not go in the hole?? Explain this to me and give me facts and fugures... not just guesses.
KJPRO wrote:

Quit biting this Candy-ass in the ass, so he will go away and annoy his own family.

Yes, on my day off on Labor Day, when there were no suppliers open so I could buy a part. Because of these factors I threw out the question since a usenet search did not directly answer it.

Yes, on my day off on Labor Day, when there were no suppliers open so I could buy a part. Because of these factors I threw out the question since a usenet search did not directly answer it.
_____
Posting day doesn't make up for posting the question asshole. You either knew how to fix it or you didn't!

Tony, you just confused the OP with more facts... :-)
107 with tev

$107 my ass...

Might have been a 2 ton Rheem/RUUD multiflex coil, and the expantion valve is an addition $98.

Quote: evap was 107 txv included
Must have stopped at the local pawn shop.
KJPRO wrote:

he bought it from Jose and Manual. The last place they mowed lawn is now missing a few thing such as an Eap coil.

:-)
Noon-Air wrote:

Standard TXV retails for $78.00 all by itself. My Wholesale of a standard coil is about $250 for a small cased unit without TXV.

Why is everyone arguing with these fucktards still? No matter what you tell them we are crooks. Stupid damn halfwits just will never get it.

Ah, but ultimately I DID diagnose and repair it myself, ignoring the supposed pros here who suggested a fan replacement too. Would you have been able to tell the cap was bad or would you have had to wait too if you didn't have a spare on your truck? I think you might've had to wait till after the holiday then, just as I did.
Remember that I posted this topic on Labor Day, when suppliers were closed so there was nothing I could do to get parts until the next day, unless I'd wanted to pay even more to find the odd company that will do it at a moment's notice on Labor Day. The next day by 10 AM I'd already fixed it, vacuuming out the debris in the condenser cavity took longer than putting a capacitor in.
I don't accept fixed rate pricing. If someone charges a flat rate for any service call that's fine but there's no way a generic flat rate service call is worth $200 to me which is essentially what the charge would've had to be since rounding off the bill I'd paid for a cap replacement was closer to $250 than $200. I dug out the bill and it was $237.
The overall economic system is bad, but the truth is that having truck expenses including insurance, gas, driving time, is less expensive than the overhead from a mechanic's garage or doctor's office where the staff themselves are paid enough to also have a vehicle, home, insurance, gas, food, and everything else... all for less cost. Flat rate doesn't work in cases where a repair takes 5 minutes. Disagree if you like but HERE I AM, someone who chose not to pay that premium so some fellow HVAC tech lost out on making any money at all as a result.
I've never suggested the whole world should feel this way but the world IS changing. The internet is making any average Joe Homeowner capable of accessing information to DIY. Maybe this usenet thread is a wake up call about that. Sad but true, many professionals who depend on what they know more than the actual labor value will find it harder to charge flat rate premiums for the simplier tasks. For example, Mexicans mow our neighbor's yard and replaced our roof after a hail storm that insurance covered. They work disturbingly cheap and since neither of these tasks require more knowledge than could be learned in a few weeks, it makes the value of actual labor terribly low these days.

Ah, but ultimately I DID diagnose and repair it myself, ignoring the supposed pros here who suggested a fan replacement too. Would you have been able to tell the cap was bad or would you have had to wait too if you didn't have a spare on your truck? I think you might've had to wait till after the holiday then, just as I did.
________
Did *I* recomend a motor change? NO I also *STOCK* common parts in my trucks. That include little things like multiple CAPACITORS!!!!!!
The rest of your crap was snipped as it added no additional value. Just extra waste.

[...]
----------- Enough of this crap...
*PLONK*
I'm sure he is going to cry for a week. When he realizes that one computer in one house in one town, in one state, in one nation...... won't be displaying his messages.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus