Condenser Motor Or Capacitor?

Exactly, anyone and everyone can stop arguing at any time and just move on to another topic they'd rather discuss... including me.

There seems to be a lot of defensiveness in this topic as if I am suggesting people aren't entitled to make a good and fair living. That was never my intention but let's face it, some repairs are not worth as much as others.

Reply to
emailaddress

No shit Sherlock, not every part cost the same or takes the same amount of time to install. That still doesn't change the cost of a trip charge.

Reply to
KJPRO

How sad that you want to drive away someone who writes about facts.

Snip... you have posted nothing but crap. Please leave the fact posting to someone that's capable.

Reply to
KJPRO

You are just plain lying if you claim it costs you $191 to put a truck on the road for every call it goes to. Hint - I too drove a truck to work every day, this is not a bullshit session this is real life where other people own trucks and pay expenses.

_______

Driving to work everyday isn't the same as keeping one on the road for a business. There are a LOT of other expenses of running a business that have to be covered. But I also understand that you will NEVER understand anything that makes sense.

Reply to
KJPRO

Yes, on my day off on Labor Day, when there were no suppliers open so I could buy a part. Because of these factors I threw out the question since a usenet search did not directly answer it.

_____

Posting day doesn't make up for posting the question asshole. You either knew how to fix it or you didn't!

Reply to
KJPRO

Which is only PAR of the costs of running a business. Sorry, you can't understand that FACT!

Yeah, don't count the drive time, stocking the truck or any other time consuming aspect of running a legit business. Oh, don't for get the tons of other cost that you left out... Liability Insurance, Tool/Inventory insurance, etc... Any thing to do with the shop, rent, employees, phones, electrical, etc...

Please stop posting lies...

Suggest that you look in the mirror, till you figure out you're wrong.

Reply to
KJPRO

I want to know how it doesn't cost me that much to put my truck on the road.... I want him to explain how to get my truck for free, and the maintanance, service, repairs, tires, etc for free, I also want to know how to get my insurance for free, then there is the matter of my time.....oh yeah, don't forget the fuel.

This *IS* real life.

Reply to
Noon-Air

FWIW, I just paid $546 wholesale for a 4 ton coil *without* the expansion valve....how am I supposed to install that for $900 and not go in the hole?? Explain this to me and give me facts and fugures... not just guesses.

Reply to
Noon-Air

"You forgot few" State corporate Tax State Sales/user tax license CPA Health Insurance Space Rental Trucks Fuel Refrigerant recovery unit Leak detector's Amp Probe Seminars or not free My charges are 3 hours minimum $100.00/H plus Mileage $0.65/ M. Material mark up $.65%

And since this country don't gave F--- for small businesses it will get worst before it gets better. Also white collar worker never deserve more in pay Then trade person.

Noon-Air just want add to you posting. Have nice day! Tony

(presently been modified)

Reply to
A. K. SEPUT

Tony, you just confused the OP with more facts... :-)

Reply to
KJPRO

Quit biting this Candy-ass in the ass, so he will go away and annoy his own family.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Petre

Don't forget the cost of the fool that uses the fuel. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

the 65 cents a mile that the gov't reimburses is only to offset the cost of fuel and has nothing to do with the actual cost of operating the vehicle nor the drivers time, nor the administrative costs. You still don't have a clue. Try this... add up *ALL* of your vehicles operating expenses for a month... and keep the reciepts....notes, insurance, tags, repairs, service, wash/wax, tires etc, and log every trip. Then devide that number by the number of trips you make by your total vehicle expenses...then add the drivers time(pluss administrative costs), and that will give you your *TRUE* vehicle expenses. Report back to us when you have completed this task and tell us how much money the tech would have lost if all he charged is $100.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I told you to quit posting lies... Why are you still here???

Reply to
KJPRO

Steve meethinks either you need a better accountant or Im doing something terribly wrong.

Dunno how you are doing it but here, ALL miles are logged and the EVERY BIT OF THE ACTUAL COST is written off.

Reply to
over a barrel

It still has to be bought and paid for *before* it can be written off.

It doesn't help that revenues have slowed considerably, and costs have increased, yet the base service call rate cannot increase because folks are calling the cheapest fly-by-night, instead of paying a couple of dollars more to get it done right the first time.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I love it when someone says "you can write it off." What does that mean. Let me see, that doesn't mean it's "free", it means I still had to pay the money out...... from any profit that I might have made. Does it mean the government will pay it? Nope. What it means is I don't have to pay income tax on [that] money. I still have to pay the cost, just not the tax since it is a part of the 'cost of doing business.' But I still have to pay for the 'write off.' :( I'd prefer not to pay it at all.

Reply to
Zyp

bingo..

Even though you don't get taxed on it....it still comes straight outa the kitty.

Reply to
over a barrel

NOPE...

The REAL answer is "42"

Reply to
over a barrel

Oh yea, and my kitty won't let go of her's... LOL

Reply to
Zyp