Computer Room AC

I know very little about HVAC so please bear with me and my ignorance.

We have a standard central air unit that provides AC to our Datacenter/ Computer Room. When I say standard, I mean that there is a blower unit inside that connects to a condensor/compressor outside. This unit runs pretty much 24/7 - 365 days a year. about 320 days a year it does a stellar job of keeping the computer room cool but on days when the temp drops below 25 degrees (f) the unit tends to "freeze" up and we have to shut it off to let it thaw. The installers came and replaced the ambient temperature sensor on the outside unit and that seemed to help but when it gets extremely cold outside it continues to freeze. Now to my questions:

Is this normal for winter use? Can our current setup be easily modified to prevent this? Are there other solutions on the market that are made for such applications?

Thank you, Eric

Reply to
etcomps

yes

low ambient kit

yes

'welcome
Reply to
Noon-Air

Thanks Noon-Air but says Message Not Found with I follow your link.

Reply to
etcomps