CAPACITORS FOR 3-1/2 TON CARRIER HEAT PUMP

Page 1 of 2

Just moved into a house with a pretty old Carrier Heat Pump model 38BYB042300. Looks like both the dual run cap and condensor starter cap have been changed out at some time (not mounted correctly - quite the hack job, and it starts/runs a little rough). Would anyone know the correct capacitance/voltages (or P/N's) for each one of these caps? If it helps, the the S/N is 2596E04853. Thanks.

How do you mount a capacitor wrong?
(Don't even go there you jokers)

    Wouldn't touch it. Too easy.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
In other words, they are not secured in place with brackets, they are hanging by the wires attached to them. You're not one of my old English teachers are you?

Oh! I got it now.
Here we just say that it was mounted 'Stormy Style'.
--
Did you know the word "gullible" doesn't appear in any dictionary?

If you want to know, go to the HVAC-talk Wall of Shame and do a search for run cap bandit. You will get the idea.
http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid !
Called them today. After much of the "run around" treatment, they told me they didn't have that information and to call a local dealer. All the local dealer is interested in is selling me a new system - called them yesterday.
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 22:53:30 -0500, "Oscar_Lives"

I can guess pretty close. Send $48.50 and I'll tell you. I'm not sure the wiring colors, not worked on one of that brand.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

you must be joking right

You're thinking that's a bit too cheap for a professional consult?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Get a grip..... even the low-rent, fly by nights here in rural south Mississippi get more than that.
On 8/6/2010 9:05 AM, Steve wrote:

Me and GB charge $65.00 our friend G. charges $100.00 but he has a shiny new truck to pay for. When I do control systems I charge $85.00. The amount of the bill is directly proportional to the attitude of the customer.
TDD
It's interesting to learn how much others charge. I ask other tradesmen, now and again. Quite a range, though.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

$84.00 an hour.
Travel time is $84.00 an hour plus $1.00 a mile
You can't help it if I don't charge enough.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm guessing you're worth every penny of it, chief.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 8/6/2010 3:25 PM, Grumpy wrote:

What area of the country are you in? The cost of living and the cost of doing business makes a lot of difference in what the price of service calls are. When I worked up and down Californiastan for an electrical service company, the prices were quite high 20 years ago there.
TDD
North New Jersey presently covering Apx. 150 miles Radius However when I first started in business I was covering from New Hampshire to Kentucky