Bryant boiler leak

I have a 1983 Bryant gas boiler (235 model), radiator set-up. I noticed
a drip this season, in the front. I pulled the front cover and about 2/3 the way up, on the right front, is this square plate, about 1 1/2" square. There is a small threaded rod sticking out that turns but does not tighten up. It is dripping from this. What is it? It is not a blow off valve, that is on top. Thanks in advance! David
systengineer posted for all of us...

A leak your welcome

Sounds like your threaded rod has lost its seal and is leaking.

Oh my................Not another engineer??? "What to do, what to do" Bubba
Thanks for the help. I am a system engineer; NOT a mechanical, electrical, or chemical one. I am responsible for portable machining equipment to refurb it, upgrade it, and take it to nuclear power plants to do repairs. I am a job shop/prototype machinist by trade and have done machining for 16 years. I CAN work on stuff and DO! I appreciate your "engineer" comment Bubba, but right now I need to get my boiler fixed but when I get my boiler fixed, I will be glad to trade witty banter with you "Bubba". OK?. Does anyone else out there have a solution to my problem? I did pull the piece out and it is some sort of spinning vane. Is that something to do with circulation inside the boiler or ???
Bubba wrote:

I bet that hurt like hell. Probably hurt even worse when you pulled it out.

Seriously...two words.....phone.....professional......
--
Respectfully, Bob

As long you do not call the Lowblow

C'mon "Sys", Do yourself a favor. Its starting to get cold out. Your heating system for you home is on the fritz. Spend some of those millions you make as a system engineer doing portable machining for nuclear power plants and call a professional that knows what he's doing. Its quite clear you dont. Hell, Ive worked on hundereds of boilers (including your Bryant) and still havent figured out what you're talking about from your description. Why risk your home and your familys health? We know you can fix and make all kinds a shit. Bravo, Bravo. You're great! However, this one you outta leave alone. Bubba