Both air conditioners stopped working

I had 2 air conditioners (Rheem 3t) installed last October by a reputable company.
Last Friday the first one bit the dust and Saturday the other one failed completely. How is this possible with independent units??
While the a/c were running, they stopped dead: The fans (separate circuits) keep running but the condensers just sit there, dead.
I checked the fuses at the compressors, I tripped and reset the circuit breakers, I waited an hour and tried again, to no avail. There is full power (235v) right into the condenser units.
Could this be a freon problem?
What can cause 2 units to stop working at nearly the same time? We are right in a heat wave with temps around 105. Is there anything I can do before the service people come out on Tuesday?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Stick an ice cube up your ass.
Stormin Mormun told me that it works great and afterwards you can drop it in your lemonade.
Thank you for your courteous and generous help. No doubt, based on your own experience.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Get a clue. Not that they don't make them, but I've never seen an auto-reset HO switch.
Besides, if you took teh time to really READ what he said, he stated that the units never came back on....
Tell the truth now, are you really Storming Moron? C'mon Chris, confess.....

Oh yeah.

One very valid option. Also possible is poor air flow through the condensor. Which could trip the high limit switch.
Less likely option, they may both have bad contactors, or problems with the low power circuit.
In any case, it's a job for a HVAC technician at this point.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

In short, you have no fucking clue whats going on...LOL!!!!!

They probabably installed some bad freon in them. Have the company come out and change the freon and replace the freon filters. Should be OK after that.
Thanks, Oscar
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

give false information to unsuspecting who dont know any better.

the same thermostat on both units? Those stats are made so quickly and so cheaply anymore that 95% of the time its the thermostats. Put some new replacement stats on and you may be suprised. If your old systems burnt out or shorted the compressors you may need to change the oil in your new compressors. Run your refrigerant through a recycling machine and install new liquid line driers. Your system will work like new again. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

OMG
Walter R. wrote:

call a tech to check gas charge and general operation.
If the units are struggling with the outdoor heat, spray the outdoor condenser coils with a mist of water, helps lower head pressure. May not fix problem but may keep you on line until help arrives.

He still got Rheemed, though.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info