Air conditioners

My 2 zone aircondioning has 2 units outside. I noticed one fan seems to be going faster than the other. The amount of air coming out of the slower one seems less. What effect does this have on the system?

Reply to
HARRY BUCKLEY

With such little information I would assume one zone is simply calling for more cooling than the other? Or the zone sizes are different, requireing differeing cooling call?

Just a thought, nothing to rely on.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Possibly a botched repair, wrong replacement part.

Wrong condenser fan: overheating fan motor, ineffective heat transfer, reduced efficiency. Many $100s of cost over the long run.

Assuming these are originally identical units!

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Are they 2 speed units, if not you know the answer, repairman time.

Reply to
m Ransley

Give the model numbers of both units.

Reply to
JimL

You should turn it off right away and get it checked. this could lead to a serious problem.

Reply to
HVACTECH2

Condenser fan motors can be designed to run at very different speeds with different sized fan blades and pitch angles. Both condensers may be delivering the correct amount of CFM airflow. A complete check-up by a good tech will tell you if each unit is functioning properly and efficiently. Also, have the indoor duct systems and airflow levels checked!

- udarrell - Darrell

Reply to
udarrell