A learning tech, a question about an experiment

Page 3 of 3

Um... I am a nooB, but I think what Noon was asking was: A large capacity system takes longer to pump down, and longer to leak up than a small system. So, if you use the same time for all systems, aren't you compromising the completeness of evacuation, and sort of gambling on the rise test?
What if this were some 50-ton chiller? Would the 30/15 regimen be enough?
LLoyd

Then *why* are you not using them?
Are you to hung up on being the *biggest* vs. being the *best* company in Louisville?

Being biggest is not necessarily being the best.
You can have the all of the best tools and toys, but if you don't use them, or have the training to use them correctly, its not going to do any good. It won't do your customers any good either.
What if this were some 50-ton chiller? Would the 30/15 regimen be enough? ---------------------------------- original poster is talking about a small home system.

OK... would the you be using the same 30/15 regime on a 2 ton, 10 SEER A/C, lineset and evap that might need 3 - 4 lbs of refrigerant, and a 4 ton 14 SEER heat pump, lineset, and coil that needs 18 - 20 lbs of refrigerant??

But LLoyd asked *you* the question. Here it is again...
"What if this were some 50-ton chiller? Would the 30/15 regimen be enough?"