5 Questions

If you were interviewing someone for the job of HVAC service tech and could only ask him 5 questions prior to making the hire/not hire decision, what would those 5 questions be?

PS- I'm interviewing someone tomorrow am

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

1) How do you personally check an R-22 A/C system for proper charge? 2) What is the most important skill in a service technician? 3) In your career to date what accomplishment are you proudest of, and why? 4) We all make mistakes. Please tell me about your biggest mistake. 5) Did you learn anything from your mistake?
Reply to
Travis Jordan

Excellent questions all.....Thx

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Check out this site for interviewing tips...

Joseph

Reply to
news.Individual.net

.....OK........Then what?

Oh ya, it's "gauges"....I deduct 15 points for spelling.

See Stormy, I'd hire you....Then, the first time any Jesus shit came out of your mouth, I punch you out and say....."YOU'RE FIRED!"

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Great entertainment...thanks!

Isn't it amazing that sometimes you can start and end a half-hour interview in about a minute? When I was the hiring guy that was usually about how long it took for me to figure out whether the candidate was a hack or not.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Nah...ya cant touch em...then he owns you and tells you that you are fired...but you do make damn sure that the results of his app are talked about in some circles...the guys you want to stay in biz, and the hacks that are out and about you make sure they think hes a hell of a guy.

BTW...heads up....daves postin in alt.guns.....scary thing is, his posting name and his e-mail addy hes snipped-for-privacy@webtv.com and other assorted goodies...bad thing is, hes still out there, and asking about ammo....after that Wisconsin incident, that cant be a good thing.

Reply to
steve

"Steve@carolinabreezehvac" wrote in message news:FHZ_d.1452$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

Ya mean they actually let him play with something sharper than a crayon?!?!?!? let him play with guns, just don't give him any bullets. He will probably get himself all wet with a water pistol.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Is Magnum still mod'ing over there ? Haven't talked to him in years .....

Reply to
pjm

If I were to ask your last employer about your ability as an HVAC/R Technician, what would he say?

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs
  1. Is there a trip charge on this interview?
  2. Are you willing to go on call 24/7 even though your girlfriend's headed over to your wife's house?
  3. Can you spell refrigerant?
  4. Can you add up a bill?
  5. Would you charge your parents for using my stuff off my truck?

Reply to
kayman88