Yews - brown's or hicks?

I bought a couple of small potted yews that were labeled "Brown's Yew". These have red berries on them, which is one of the reasons they appealed to me. However the information I have googled up does not mention anything about Brown's yew having berries.

male to keep the berries coming, is this correct? Also, can I prune them now to make them more identical? I've transplanted them into pots which will be kept on my front porch. Thanks for any help. Em
Emerald wrote:

Bumping in hope of reply. Thanks.
Em

I have a taxus hicksii - just one, and it gets berries. They are very common, so it is likely that there are others in your neighborhood. I also prune mine to keep it to the desired size and shape. If you are going to pure it severely, I would wait until spring.