YARD NEEDS HELP!!!

I agree!

On the other hand, what a wonderful 'tabla raza' you have to do exactly what you wish.

Where in the world do you live?

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Lives at 2103 something, somewhere USA.

(Checked the rest of the photos you DIDN'T provide links to, it's on your mailbox LOL)

Yes nice clean slate. I envision a flowering hedge, a pond, waterfall, pergola and a slate or paver patio...

Or, try to get on one of those HGTV shows where they come and do it for you!

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

I would love to do this place! An almost clean palate. Where are you at? The first thing I would do is cut down the trees by the road and plant a large number of evergreens of varying height, color and texture along the road line. My center piece would be a blue spruce in the corner... If you want to cut down the size of your yard plant three of them in a triangle in the corner keeping in mind how large they do eventually get. Can you plant outside the fence line? If you can I would make sure to plant evergreens there as well to keep down the sound of traffic and to further give privacy. Evergreens come in blues, golds, deep green, light green, etc. so you can get a wonderful feeling of depth and color. I would put smaller variety evergreens along the other two sides of the fence. Again mix the colors and sizes to give a feel of depth. You want ones that are high enough to be above the fence but that are not going to grow outwards so much as to take up the whole yard. A specimen Japanese maple would look nice towards the middle. Of course I'm saying this from the point of view of someone that hates yards.... Do you like shade gardens? You can get a remarkable amount of color in a variety of ways in a shade garden. It looks to me as if you live where you could plant hostas, ferns and many shade flowering shrubs that have wonderful colors (azaleas, rhodies, Keri, etc.). The side yard will not take anything that is of shrub size or larger but it could take some nice vines. What direction does it face? If it faces North I would think about climbing hydrangea. East then Clematis might work... maybe... If you really hate your neighbors you could plant bamboo

"Lisa Kocanda" wrote in message news:BC317F38.D23% snipped-for-privacy@scbglobal.net...

Reply to
D Kat

____Reply Separator_____

How come no one ever sued for the hell hole that their yard area was turned into?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA