Wisteria to bloom at last!!!!!

I built a structure for my swing and hammock 10+ years ago and planted a wisteria on one corner. Boy was it slow to start out. Probably took 3-5 years to get above 3 feet tall, then Whamo! It took off like all good wisterias are prone to do. I traied it to cover the open slat top of the structure whic h is about 10X14. It has finally covered the top of the structure to give a shady spot.
I never thought it would ever get around to flowering, but by golly, THIS year it is covered with buds. They've elongated to 4+ inches and may open any day!!!. Can't quite tell what color they will be - I've long since forgotten which wisteria it was.
I am thrilled !!!!!
Shellie Zone 5b Indianapolis
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 02:26:11 +0000, Tony & Shellie Welch wrote:

Congrats! Wait til they open! WOW!!!!!
we planted a wisteria, and it too seemed to take forever to get established and grow. we moved before it bloomed!
: I built a structure for my swing and hammock 10+ years ago and planted a : wisteria on one corner. Boy was it slow to start out. Probably took 3-5 : years to get above 3 feet tall, then Whamo! It took off like all good : wisterias are prone to do. I traied it to cover the open slat top of the : structure whic h is about 10X14. It has finally covered the top of the : structure to give a shady spot. : : I never thought it would ever get around to flowering, but by golly, THIS : year it is covered with buds. They've elongated to 4+ inches and may open : any day!!!. Can't quite tell what color they will be - I've long since : forgotten which wisteria it was. : : I am thrilled !!!!! : : Shellie : Zone 5b : Indianapolis : :
Hope you have an online site to post pictures to share!!
Suzy, Wis., zone 5

I finally took photos of it last week! They can be found at http://photobucket.com/albums/y195/TSWelch /
Take care!
Shellie Zone 5 Indy