Transplanting wisteria

I have a 2 year old wisteria plant in my backyard that seeded itself and has grown to be about 4 feet tall and several feet wide. It is just starting to bloom this year (yeah!). Unfortunately, it seeded itself in a very undesirable location and I need to move it to a more suitable location. It has already developed several leaves, some blooms and lots of new shoots from its branches and the plant has several trunks, each of which is between 1 and 2 inches thick. Can someone give me any help or tips on the best way to go about making my desired transplant a successful one? I really neeed to move it from its current location, but I want to make sure that I don't unntentionally harm, or worse yet kill, this beautiful vine. I live in SE Texas (Houston) and our Spring is almost over and Summer is just around the corner down here.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John_John

Reply to
John John

Transplant when it is dormant. This fall or next spring.

Reply to
Travis

Hi John,

Here's a couple of very helpful sites about wisteria. Do be sure t put it on a VERY strong structure as it will get VERY heavy over time.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt