Wisteria has very few flowers this year

We have a 15 year old wisterial on the side of our porch that is quite large. For may years we have had huge blooms but this year the bloom is perhaps 5% of prior years. We live in a Boston suburb and the winter was particularly cold. Is it likely the plant has died? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks....
On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:25:33 +0000, Arthur Edwards wrote:

Doesn't it have any leaves yet? Mine is in full bloom, dozens of flowers and the carpenter bees are really going nuts over them.
Have you been fertilzeing it at all? How are you pruning it in late winter?

I have always read that to keep wisteria blooming it needs to be pruned hard each year.

I have 3 Wisteria's and I only prune one of them very hard because of it's location. It's growing on a trellis next to some stairs leading from the upper deck to the lower deck. It never has more than 2 blooms, but the other 2 that just get a little pruning in the fall are always covered with blooms. Sue in Mi. (zone 5)
SAS567 wrote:

We have several Wisteria on an arbor on the side of our house. We bought the house two years ago and I know very little about growing Wisteria. I have not pruned them at all and this year they were just loaded down with blossoms. David (zone 9)