Will crepe myrtle bloom again?

To make a long story short, the crepe myrtle in our yard was cut complete to the ground in early spring. It's now formed into a nice small bush about 3ft tall. Does anyone know if it will bloom this summer considering it was so desperately wacked just a few months ago? How tough are these things? It looks very healthy, just small.
Thanks!
Sorry to hear the Sopranos wacked your tree.
In time it will bloom again. Maybe even this year.
Have you considered doing the sacred fertility dance to speed up the time it will flower?
Would anyone like to volunteer advising Ima on how to do the sacred fertility dance?

All I can remember is that it involves stripping naked under the new moon - if you demonstrate I'm sure my memory will return.
Callen in VA

It should. Crape Myrtle bloom on the tips of the current season's new growth
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
Thanks for all the replies!! Naked fertility dance, huh? I think I'll pass on that one and hope for blooms anyway.
*haha*

Yes, crape myrtles bloom on new wood.