where to buy large crop seeds (wheat, barley, etc)

i want to get some experience with these crops
do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?
(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)
thnx in advance
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:59:15 -0400, "joe s"

I buy seed of this type at a feed and farm-supply store (Agway in our case). It's very cheap, about $0.50/lb in very, very small quantities, no doubt cheaper in larger quantities.
A pound is a lot when you're planting it!
Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

The cowardly, anonymous pest posting as Mommy Bartlo wrote:

I don't post here except to inform you that the LIAR posting above is no relation to me and has the sole purpose of defaming me and posting bull---- about me. What a waste of a life.
The cowardly, anonymous pest posting as Mommy Bartlo wrote:

No one cares about JoJo, cowardly, anonymous, pest.

As others said, local farm store. Some seed companies have small quantities available; I got a couple of varieties of barley from Abundant Life last summer.... don't know their status since a fire destroyed their offices. I _think_ still functioning. And always, the Seed Saver's Exchange is a treasure trove.
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1200' elevation. NY WO G
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:44:02 -0400, Gary Woods

Johnny's carries grains too.
http://www.johnnyseed.com
(Look on the Commercial Grower's Site, then click on 'Cover Crop and Farm Seed' -- up near the top of the page.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.
thnx for all the info!
thnx tons!