What to grow-Fall-Winter-Los Angeles, CA

I am curious what vegetables others in LA Couunty will be planting for Fall and Winter season? My zipcode is 91402, Panorama City, Calif. Never snows here and weather is pretty mild except for frosts
Thanks, Dave_s
Dave_s wrote:

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/index.html
Bud wrote:

Bud, Ok, from your link, I now know my home is in hardiness zone 10A, 30F to 35F, lowest temperatures.
It would still help to know what folks in Southern California, near Los Angles, are growing this soon to be fall and winter season.
Thank you, Dave_s
Bud wrote:

Bud, Ok, from your link, I now know my home is in hardiness zone 10A, 30F to 35F, lowest temperatures.
It would still help to know what folks in Southern California, near Los Angles, are growing this soon to be fall and winter season.
Thank you, Dave_s
On 8/31/2009 6:36 AM, Dave_s wrote:

For your area (and mine), winter is the time to plant salad greens, cole vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc), and snow peas (Chinese pea pods). Actually, get seeds into the ground in October or seedlings by mid-November. You want them started and growing before the first frost.
As soon as they are available as bare-root plants (likely in January), plant asparagus and artichoke. You won't get anything from these perennials in their first year or two, but then you will harvest them for years to come. In the meantime, they make nice ornamentals if planted in the right place. In my garden, asparagus is a spring and summer background behind my peach tree and low-growing perennials and bulbs. My artichoke is an accent plant in my back lawn from now until the summer heat knocks it down in July or early August. I harvest asparagus spears and artichoke buds in the spring.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean