What's the name of this flower?

Could someone please tell me the popular name of this flower, living in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, Northern California?

David Ellis

You don't name flowers, you name plant species, Spammy.

Cannot say what it is without seeing the rest of the plant too.

Popular with whom?

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

daisies and sunflowers, one of the largest families of flowering plants with some 25,000 species (roughly 10% of the total number of flowering plants). Without a look at the leaves identification is totally impossible.

As a wild guess look up Wyethia (Mules Ears or Mulesear):

Stephen Henning

With that fly.

-paggers

Reply to
paghat

plant-identification neophyte off to a good start. Thank you.

Reply to
David Ellis

there are some of us who make good efforts to answer valid questions. the dry wit isn't always appreciated :P composite flowers are my absolute favorites if I had to choose...... madgardener (I loved the links, Stephen!)

Reply to
madgardener

Oh sure.

The Asteraceae (Compositae) is one of the largest flowering plant families.

That should keep a neophyte busy looking for a long long time!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........