What's that sticky stuff on my roses?

I noticed this morning that there's a clear sticky filmy stuff on my roses. If you touch the leaves it will stick you. They look fine and healthy. I sprayed them last week with miraclegrow. I fed them from top to bottom just the way the instructions said. Did that leave a film?
Thanks.
Possibilities:
Slime trails from slugs
'Dew' from aphids
Dave

It may be "honeydew", a substance excreted by insects. Look closely for signs of scale or aphids. sed5555
On 6 May 2004 07:35:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ted) wrote:

Sounds like a symptom due to aphids. Carefully examine the growing tips. I found that roses grow best with organic fertilizers, alternating every 2 weeks (composted cow manure, composted chicken manure, fish emulsion, seaweed, compost, etc.).