--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
On 4/5/07 8:29 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

I'm a canna!

\ o o
|\/ o\ o
I'm a brugmansia

Of course you are! <G>
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Want a rooted cutting? I didn't mark what I rooted so it can be anything from B.spp to B. candida or B.suavolens and anything from double white, white, peach coral, pink or yellow. They all have tobacco mosaic virus, but it's only spread on dirty sequitors and if the plant is kept in excellent potting mix/compost, watered and very well fertilized it can survive and thrive. I've had all of mine now for about ten years...probably more like 12 years.
Oh, and I can go both ways! Brug or Datura~

. . . and not safe around small children or animals ;-)
- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Huh? I give a lot more credit to animals. I have no children, and no thank you. I like other peoples' kids, but I never wanted any, nor did my husband. We're very happy without that, but we do have a parrot who is as smart as a three year old toddler. She's an amazing animal.
I should mention the tobacco horn worm adores my datura and brugmansia foliage. They devour it as larvae and return as hummingbird moths nightly to pollinate each flower. No shortage of datura around here.

I'd be thrilled to get a rooted cutting! Thank you for the offer! I can send you my address via e-mail if that works.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Send me your addy:
snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com0 remove the zero, of course.
By the way, I had to shlep all my flats into the house and cover everything because we are having snow and sleet in Texas! Yesterday it was 84, today barely above 40. No climate changes, of course.
expounded:

I'm a Daffodil. Perfect, since I just picked a huge bunch for the kitchen.

<HEE> Hey, some of the finest weeds are just herbs slumming. :)
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:07:46 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Down here in the weed capitol of the world, Texas, you haven't seen a weed till you see a field of grass burrs or thistles. Torture ongoing. My poor neighbors dog needed to be completely sheared one year when we dog sitted for her. Poor thing. I hire people to come in and do the bulk of weeding now.
OH MY GOD..... this is sooooo funny cause before I even saw the link to the test I said. "I am a Daffodil" ... and I took the test and it said "You Are a Daffodil".... that is really really funny. Ingrid
http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/flower-quiz.htm
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

--
John McWilliams