What Is The "Fly Ash" In Commercial Top Soils Made Of?

What is the "fly ash" in commercial top soils made of? I would *hope* it would be comparable to what is left on the ground after a forest fire, but *suspect* it's nothing more than some sort of industrial waste recycled. The top soil I'm specifically referring to is sold under the Lowes' brand name for about a buck a bag. Anyone know the answer?
Patrick
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Google is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_ash
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

You don't want it. It's coal ashes and all the crap they contain. You should see what it does to a car's finish if you happen to park downwind of a stack.

I grew up in a small town on the Ohio River, downwind from a coal fired power plant. Back in the days before there were any precipitators or collectors, everything would be covered with tiny black spheres. It was horrible, but people just accepted it as if the utility company had every right to dump its waste on your property and fill your lungs with garbage. Sometimes it would be so heavy they it would actually be slippery. I'm still amazed when I go back to visit family because although the particulate is gone, there are still coke (from coal, not the beverage) plants and other chemical operations spewing toxins into the air. They are they kinds of chemicals that you KNOW cause cancer. Still, people are used to it there and probably don't even notice that the air smells like benzene.