Weeds on greens?

Goats taught the Greeks about the importance of pruning grapevines. At least the "pasture" will serve a function , and not just be bourgeois bling.
--
- Billy
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:56:53 -0700 (PDT), Dinosaur_Sr

Some might say that life or humans is a waste. I suspect we all have different criteria about what is waste and what is important.
snipped-for-privacy@brazee.net says...

Species come and species go, none seem to last forever. It is the arrogance of man that thinks all is for him and must be here for eternity.

So say the pundits. Easy come, easy go. How does that work for you? I mean YOU.
--
- Billy
In article <wildbilly-B2D3A4.22211921042010@c-61-68-245-

Nice try. Let's keep it to the Earth's evolution and the species that have inhabited the Earth. If you want to talk about intra-species habits I sure you can find a group that will play that game.

The sound of one hand clapping.
--
- Billy

What is waste and what is important for an individual, or a species? What? Are you an Ayn Rander, into selfishness, and fuck the world, or are you a human being? The choices are becoming few.
--
- Billy

Humans, like other animal species, are inherently selfish. We will act in self interest every time.

You're displaying a gross non-understanding of Rand's thoughts. While it may require less effort on your part it's incorrect.
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:46:35 -0700, Doc wrote:

Rand was still wrong.

She is right...in every way! More or less!
What, for example is the common good? If everyone benefits, what are the costs and how are they paid? Worst issue of all is who determines what is the common good?
In article <b9dfed65-0781-4950-9f8b-

An elected few who are disconnected from those who elected them.
In article

Would it be a big inconvenience for you guys to keep this conversation in rec.sport.golf? While a number of us have strong feelings about Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, and neo-liberalism, it is getting in the way of our gardening. We'll look in from time to time to see how the brawl works out;O)
--
- Billy

Says the guy who made the comment.
In other words you want to spew ignorant rhetoric unchallenged.

Eight million children in the developing world die every year from infectious diseases. Do we need to sit around and scratch our heads about whether doing something about that is to the common good? Does anyone in his right mind adhere to the Ayn Rand point of view, which would be: tough shit for them?

How many people in developed countries die of infectious diseases? How many people die of drowning? How many people die in automobile accidents? How about lifting the idiot ban on DDT? How many people have died of malaria because of the ban on DDT? Despite no evidence at all that it harms humans, and limited evidence that it harms birds when used irresponsibly....but it had to be banned...by people like you! Gonna take responsibility for the ban...think the radical environmentalists will take responsibility for all those deaths?
So what do *YOU* actually do about it, right now, today...or is your only issue what should other people do about it?

I'll answer one of your questions, which is how many people have died of malaria b/c of the DDT ban? The answer is zero, because DDT is not banned in Africa. The rest are too stupid to bother with.

Really? There was never a worldwide ban on DDT? And how much DDT has Africa produced over the years in any event? I'll suggest that hundreds of millions have died because of the DDT ban. Prove me wrong!

Why don't you prove yourself wrong? The UN has no authority to ban anything. There is a TREATY by which 160 countries agreed to stop using DDT. The treaty recognizes that eliminating DDT in countries with high rates of malaria is not feasible so it is still in use in those countries. Your estimate that hundreds of millions have died because of the DDT "ban" is ludicrous, but that's rather par for the course for you, isn't it?

Speaking of a troll, read the following.....

-Greg