Weed or plant

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages
its getting rather tall lol
[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/7ae7b119.jpg]
[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/e935235f.jpg]
[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/5825081c.jpg]
thanks for any help if its a weed its a cracker lol
--
Blackmirror

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/7ae7b119.jpg]
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/e935235f.jpg]
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/5825081c.jpg]
How long is "ages"? Because to me it looks like a sunflower. They are annuals and so don't live for "ages".
Nelly wrote:

I agree, some kind of helianthus (sunflower), possibly a Jerusalem artichoke. there are about a dozen sorts.
David
Thdaoub wrote:

I'm not sure what the question is.
If you mean links that identify the genus it's just how they look. Use google images and search on helianthus and you will see they all look quite similar.
If you mean how do you find so many links to the different species you can start with wikipedia which has much of the botanical naming hierarchy and at least the names (if not details) of each species within genus, each genus within family etc. There are other web sites that have the hierarchy too.
David
I found 2 weeds and close similar to the picture shown....
Japanese Knotweed and Solidago albopilosa.
That plant was very common in the farm. They grow anywhere. Most of the details found in Asia.
--
ezylala

ezylala wrote:

I don't think it is either of those. If you look at photo #2 you will see the flower buds starting to form. We will know when it flowers but I am betting it has a round yellow flower not dense clusters like either of those two.
David
Blackmirror;896157 Wrote: > Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/7ae7b119.jpg]

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/e935235f.jpg]

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/blackmirror111/2010/garden%202010/5825081c.jpg]

Definitely it's a weed. I'm not particular about the name but there's a lot of them on my backyard, so I cut them out.
--
craftsmaster

The definition of weed is an unwanted plant. Do you want it?