Weed killer will harm Costus/Ginger?

Page 2 of 2
Billy wrote:

Billy
Cyanide is carbon and nitrogen bonded (CN) not heavy metals. Whether thiocyanates on your land are a good idea is another matter that I am staying out of.
David

Oh, jump on in. Apparently, I a way off track on this particular discussion. It happens. Find the truth. Go get 'em.

Flowerbeds should either be small (to reduce hand weeding) and/or mulched to control weeds.

It is small in a sense that it is only three feet side, but 50 feet long (along the perimeter of the house). I had weed barriers down, on top of it is 3" of granite stones.
Didn't matter, they spread like wild fire. I pulled them, they come back in two weeks.
MC