Wasps attacking my carrots?

These 2 wasps have been hanging around my carrots for the last few days. They spend most of their time on one plant in particular. That plant's leaves are drying out and turning brown. What are they doing to my carrots? At one point i did see a was grab a little caterpillar-looking thing off of that plant, but I don't see any other insects on the carrots that they might be attacking. ??? I sprayed my carrots down with a mix of garlic & onions & cayenne pepper. I hope this helps, but if anyone has any opinions, I'd be very interested to hear them.

Brush the soil away from the top inch or so of a couple of the carrots and see if there are holes eaten in them. It's possible they're being attacked by some wormy thing, and the wasps are attracted to the open wounds. Be sure to cover the carrots up again, or the uncovered portions will turn green.
Wasps will capture and fly away with caterpillars. I suspect the wasps know that carrots harbour certain kinds of caterpillars and they are searching for them. The damage to your carrots was probably caused by the caterpillars or other sorts of worm. Maybe the wasps have taken all the worms and that's why you don't see any now.