Vine green beans - how many pickings?

Yo, group -
I sprang for a packet of Renee's organic seeds, not cheap, but they grew very well (as did her cucumbers and tomatoes.)
My q. is: how many pickings is one supposed to get from beans? These were a charming mixture of yellow and green "French" beans, long and thin and delicious, but didn't bear for a very extended period. Is that typical of vine beans?
I used to plant regular Yellow Wax Beans (yum), but can't remember how many pickings they gave.
Any insights appreciated. This is So. Calif coastal.
--
Aspasia

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

daily and they bear from July until frost.
Also, they need a lot of water.
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

I do, I do! (pick often). Problem is, I'm not getting that many beans. Dunno why...
We pick pole beans daily and they bear from July until frost.
Sigh. I envy your garden. My beans sure gave up early. Maybe it was this particular brand, from Renee's Gardens?

They get it. But next yearI'll remember to not plant tomatoes near beans. I forgot that tomatoes DON'T need a lot of water once the flowers form.
Thanks for your message.
--
Aspasia

aspasia, it depends on the beans also. This year I planted four different types, same soil, same sun, same water. they all came up rogether but one type is thrice as rall as the worst, and twice as rall as the second best. it's the romano type, by the way.
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

But no beans this year - too much cool wet weather - I didn't even bother to plant them.
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

Isn't it still possible to plant bush beans - I think they only take 50-60 days to produce, and though they only have a short season, that would almost bring them to frost dates in the north.?
says...

Yes, it's still possible, I've got my second crop germinating right now.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Definitely. I haven't put my beans in yet, due to various things including the arrival of a woodchuck against whom I am currently plotting.
Last year I got a volunteer second planting of Italian pole beans (apparently missed a pod which fell) which provided me with several servings well into the fall. :-)
Priscilla
says...

remember one other like it in the 20 years we've lived here.
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

That was my experience, they bore heavily, especially in the late summer. Even when they became covered in these black round poppy-seed like fungus they kept producing if I kept picking. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 3rd year gardener http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/album?.dir=/2055&.src=ph