Unplanted Dahlias Tubers..What to do?

I have several dahlia tubers that I never planted this season (ran out of space). They are still sitting in a box of wood chips, sprouted but looking a bit sad and withered. Would they still be viable tubers for next year if I just planted them in pots now? I wouldn't expect them to flower...but if I could save them for next season, what would be the best way to go about this? Fertilize the soil as usual ? or just plant and let the tubers plump up and grow through the fall. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think your only choice is to plant them Depending on where you live, you might have a couple of month until a hard frost.
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com wrote:

You need to plant them NOW and hope that they are still good and that they have enough time to get enough green growth that will generate a new tuber for next year. It they develop buds (and they might toward the end of October depending on the variety), cut them off as soon as you see them. This will assist the plant in developing new tubers.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
Plant them in pots at lest and let'm grow for this year.
--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062:odyssey three