TV Gardening programmes

Does anyone have a favourite programme? Gardeners' World has definitely improved this year, but I must admit I find the new Horticultural Channel programme very enjoyable.

Reply to
Pest Effects

I still miss Charlie Dimmock...

Reply to
John McGaw

HGTV should now simply be called HTV. They had the best garden shows. I miss "Gardener Diary", "Rebeca's Garden" and the "Garden By The Yard". These were my favorite shows. The Garden Guy tried to do his show on the Internet and gave up on it.

Sad to see him go.

Create channels: Victory Garden fell apart it and became lousy. Garden Smart was all about Glamorous Public gardens. Right now "P Allen Smith" show may be the only one left that has some interest.

The show I liked the most are all gone. The "How To" shows are what I miss the most. I did not care much for the show and tell shows. Some day I hope a dedicated Garden Channel may show up with the very old reruns of the Victory Garden. It sucked with Jammie Dreary running the show. The old days it was dealing with the simple back yard gardens which I liked, not the not so useful grandiose gigantic public for show gardens.

Reply to
Nad R

My favourites are 'Costa's Garden Odyssey' and 'Vasili's Garden'.

Reply to
FarmI

All that olive oil and those romantic Mediterranean males...

David Hare-Scott

And my pigs are dressed for flying...... Only their mother would love either of them.

I like Costa's enthusiasm and recycling and I like the ethnic gardens Vasili visits and all that food the gardener's produce.

Reply to
FarmI

so does my husband... LOL

there is NOTHING here (in the metro Boston/DirecTV offerings) that is worth tuning in for on a regular basis.

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

we liked Ground Force when it was on until they switched the main guy with someone else. a couple of good seasons there to watch if you can find them.

now they all have gone into crafts, cooking, etc. which is fine, but to me if i want that stuff i'll watch a show like that instead of a gardening show.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

We all loved Ground Force. Wouldn't mind a chance to see Charlies Army again either. And if the BBC is still making any form of Ground Force it would still be better than the dreck I have access to currently.

(as an aside - I just fond Netflicks has the "Best of Ground Force Garden Rescues and I'm going to see if my son will get it for me.

Unless it's Martha Stewart, there are no craft shows, no get your hands dirty gardening shows

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Thanks for the suggestion, I just ordered it.

"Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots." - Anon

Reply to
Billy

I'm hooping it's "on demand" otherwise, I'll wait until he's home from school

Cheryl Isaak

On 4/28/2011 11:34 AM, Billy wrote: snip...

That all depends on where you live. Besides, I love carrots.

Reply to
John McGaw

Oh, my ;O)

Reply to