TV Gardening programmes

Does anyone have a favourite programme? Gardeners' World has definitely improved this year, but I must admit I find the new Horticultural Channel programme very enjoyable.
--
Pest Effects

On 4/25/2011 5:16 AM, Pest Effects wrote:

I still miss Charlie Dimmock...

HGTV should now simply be called HTV. They had the best garden shows. I miss "Gardener Diary", "Rebeca's Garden" and the "Garden By The Yard". These were my favorite shows. The Garden Guy tried to do his show on the Internet and gave up on it. http://www.gardenerguy.com /. Sad to see him go.
Create channels: Victory Garden fell apart it and became lousy. Garden Smart was all about Glamorous Public gardens. Right now "P Allen Smith" show may be the only one left that has some interest.
The show I liked the most are all gone. The "How To" shows are what I miss the most. I did not care much for the show and tell shows. Some day I hope a dedicated Garden Channel may show up with the very old reruns of the Victory Garden. It sucked with Jammie Dreary running the show. The old days it was dealing with the simple back yard gardens which I liked, not the not so useful grandiose gigantic public for show gardens.

On 4/25/11 10:27 AM, John McGaw wrote:

there is NOTHING here (in the metro Boston/DirecTV offerings) that is worth tuning in for on a regular basis.
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

we liked Ground Force when it was on until they switched the main guy with someone else. a couple of good seasons there to watch if you can find them.
now they all have gone into crafts, cooking, etc. which is fine, but to me if i want that stuff i'll watch a show like that instead of a gardening show.
songbird
On 4/27/11 1:15 PM, songbird wrote:

We all loved Ground Force. Wouldn't mind a chance to see Charlies Army again either. And if the BBC is still making any form of Ground Force it would still be better than the dreck I have access to currently.
(as an aside - I just fond Netflicks has the "Best of Ground Force Garden Rescues and I'm going to see if my son will get it for me.
Unless it's Martha Stewart, there are no craft shows, no get your hands dirty gardening shows

Thanks for the suggestion, I just ordered it.

"Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots." - Anon
--
- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war
On 4/28/11 11:34 AM, Billy wrote:

school
On 4/28/2011 11:34 AM, Billy wrote: snip...

That all depends on where you live. Besides, I love carrots.

Oh, my ;O)
--
- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war

My favourites are 'Costa's Garden Odyssey' and 'Vasili's Garden'.
FarmI wrote:

All that olive oil and those romantic Mediterranean males...

And my pigs are dressed for flying...... Only their mother would love either of them.
I like Costa's enthusiasm and recycling and I like the ethnic gardens Vasili visits and all that food the gardener's produce.