trying to id some bromeliads

Hi please to a gander at the links to help ID the broms. My daughter wanted some, and there was a pot with these three in there. Could anyone tell me how much light and H2O they need. Do i put them in the greenhouse, which I just put up four months ago.
http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom1.jpg
http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom2.jpg
http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom3.jpg
Thanks
Mike

They don't need to go in the greenhouse. They make very good house plants, but will rot quickly from over watering. Make sure they dry out well between waterings. Bright light is good don't really need to be in a window but it would be nice to be close to one. If they are placed in a more shaded room be aware they won't take up the water as fast.
zhan
BillandJeny Wrote:

Hi Mike, Great advice from Zahn. This site should be helpful as well. http://tinyurl.com/4saob
You might ask these folks for an id, but they look like ginger to me. http://tinyurl.com/6kmgd
New
-- Newt

They look like Vrieseas to me. I'll leave it to you to browse the photos to narrow down the species <g>. Very easy to grow- good light but not sun and the occasional misting. All my bromies keep better color if grown hard- meaning very little in the way of feeding. http://fcbs.org/pictures/Vriesea.htm
Toni SoFla zone 10
Thanks I'll give that site a view. In this case is hard meaning lots of light or moderate?

Hard means no supplemental feedings. For light I would suggest bright shade but no direct sun.
Toni SoFla zone 10
thanks that helps
how about a north east facing window?
Mike

I find that's enough light to over winter the bromeliad pups I remove from the mother plant. In spring, I put my bromeliads back outside under a tree, which even though shady gives much more light than an northeast facing window. That light is not adequate to form the "flower" stalk on them...I find.