Tree blossoms & late spring, Washington D.C. area

Looks like the growing season in Washington D.C. has been delayed a bit. The silver maple in http://cpacker.org/aa.html was blossoming in the image of April 1 last year, but not in the image taken on the same day this year. Now that I'm in the second year of a tree-photographing project, I'll be able to compare images taken on the same month and day a year apart. I'll post another pair when the tree gets to the same stage it was on April 1 last year. (Time-lapse movies for spring and fall last year are at http://cpacker.org/trees )
-- Charles Packer http://cpacker.org/whatnews mailboxATcpacker.org

How are the Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac ??? Magnolias?? Saturday is supposed to be nice weather.... is it worth the trip ???
Peter
On Apr 3, 8:41 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The wind has been howling all night, but I've just returned from my pre-dawn photo-shoot and noticed that the various blossoming trees in our neighborhood have retained theirs. So the cherry blossoms are probably a good bet.
-- Charles Packer http://cpacker.org/whatnews mailboxATcpacker.org