Tree blossoms & late spring, Washington D.C. area

Looks like the growing season in Washington D.C. has been delayed a bit. The silver maple in

blossoming in the image of April 1 last year, but not in the image taken on the same day this year. Now that I'm in the second year of a tree-photographing project, I'll be able to compare images taken on the same month and day a year apart. I'll post another pair when the tree gets to the same stage it was on April 1 last year. (Time-lapse movies for spring and fall last year are at
)

-- Charles Packer

Charles Packer

How are the Cherry Blossoms along the Potomac ??? Magnolias?? Saturday is supposed to be nice weather.... is it worth the trip ???

Peter

Reply to
Peter

The wind has been howling all night, but I've just returned from my pre-dawn photo-shoot and noticed that the various blossoming trees in our neighborhood have retained theirs. So the cherry blossoms are probably a good bet.

-- Charles Packer

Charles Packer