transplanting sedums

After years of looking for groundcover plants that work here in my dry, sunny, sandy Eastern Ontario landscape, I finally discovered sedums last year. Wonderful! So great that this year I am going to do some serious transplanting of cuttings from my original bed to landscape around a rock garden which I had built just before freezeup last fall.
At the moment of course the sedums are just newly emerged from the snow and still dormant, although very healthy looking, with quite a bit of last fall's colour. So my question is, do I need to wait until they get new growth, or can I go ahead and transplant cuttings as soon as I get the soil prepared to receive them?
sedums are forgiving. If your ground is workable, transplant them. I have Frosty Morn, a small start of Purple Emperor, Matrona, Green Lights, Raspberry, all sorts of varieties as well as Blue Spruce, Kamchatecum (sp?) sempervivums (hens and chicks) in 28 varieties, Oreostachys, the list is endless! I'll hunt around for a source, as sedums don't mind cold as long as it's fast draining and sunny (some Oreostachys love shady) madgardener

and
soil
That's Orostachys, oh mad one.
They ain't "cookies.
The deciduous "Sedums" are now Hylotelephium.
Sedum spurium is now Phedimus.
Sedum kamtschaticum and its kin are now Aizopsis.
The "blue spruce" types are now Petrosedum.
Sempervivum are not Sedum.

thanks for setting me straight, Cereus-validus maddie

last
rock

Thanks, MG. I have no idea what varieties I have (I simply picked the ones I liked at a local garden centre last summer) but it sounds like I have lots of freedom. I think I can take it for granted that anything sold at an Ontario garden centre is going to be cold-tolerant :<)
Right now we have heavy very cold rain (almost snow) but maybe tomorrow I can get back at it. Cheers.
Exactly to which "Sedums" is it you allude?
Its a very big genus and many of the plants grown as such are no longer in that genus.