Tomato Alicante going brown not red !!

I am new to the forum & new to gardening. I have tried planting 3 tomato plants this summer which all have over 15 tomatoes grown on each plant.

But instead of going red so I can pick & eat, they either stay green or they go brown. They are in an area of over 5 hours direct sun light every day, what am I doing wrong?

Reply to
tjg1965

You don't say if they are rotting, if not you need to know that there are infinite hues of tomatoes... if not rotting there's probably nothing wrong.

Alicante is an heirloom tomato from a company that sells many varieties of heirlooms of many colors including green and brown, quite possibly seeds get mixed at packaging, has happened to me many times with all kinds of vegetable seeds. Click through the pages...

Brooklyn1