Tiny (!) blue flower in lawn, ID?

There's a really tiny blue flowered thing in the lawn pic

leaves, little hairs on the stem and leaves, slightly toothed leaves.

Four petals.

Much smaller than a chickweed, which itself is pretty small.

Newcomb's Wildflower book doesn't seem to have it, or anyway not where I'm looking.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

On which continent?

Reply to
bamboo

Central Ohio

Reply to
Ron Hardin

Creeping Charlie, no?

Reply to
philosopher

The images of cc on the net seem to suggest it's a lot bigger in size. This baby is really tiny. You can barely count the petals unless you're nearsighted and so have a built-in microscope.

Also it has little hairs all over and cc appears not to.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

Looks like some type of speedwell (Veronica), maybe corn speedwell (V. arvensis)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thanks, that looks right.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

Could it be "Forget Me Nots"? Are there clusters of little flowers?

Reply to
Lisa

Creeping charlie flowers are extremely tiny, and the leaves are hairy, toothed and opposite. I am pretty sure your snappy is of creeping charlie.

Some pe>>

Reply to
philosopher

I said creeping charlie above, but the photos I've now seen of V. arvensis make me lean toward that instead of cc.

More photos of your plant, please, >>

Reply to
philosopher