Throwing Snow In Neighbors Yard? Illegal? LONG!!

Page 2 of 2

In many towns, that's illegal, too. Here, barking for more than 15 minutes is enough for the cops to stop by, followed shortly thereafter by the animal control slug.
If you think this is a real problem, and are willing to live with some possible escalation, then it is time to do something. Most of the suggestions posted here will cost you something, and since you said you don't want to put up a fence because of cost, I am thinking you don't want to spend a lot of money on this.
Since you have already talked to him without result, I think you should save the jar of butts, wait until the next time he is snowblowing against your home, and call the police. I live in a suburb with a very good police force, and they would come out and talk to both of you, and probably explain to him how to adjust his snowblower and to keep his butts to himself. If he lies to the officer about the butts, pull out your stash and suggest that they can be tied to him by DNA. At that time your neighbor will be on weak ground vis a vis the police (in many places, giving a false statement to the police is a crime), and I think they should deal with him more forcefully. Keep a note of the officer's name and the date, and if your neighbor repeats his infractions, call the police again and mention that officer x had already tried to deal with this on this date, and you really want it stopped.
On the other hand, if you don't have a good police force, I suggest you hire an attorney just to write a cease and desist letter to your neighbor and have it delivered by certified mail. This will cost a bit, but it shouldn't be too much, and I think it is fair to say that most people receiving such a letter would get nervous. Have the attorney give you a copy of the letter with the proof of delivery in case things escalate.
Turning him in for faking a disability would be a lot of work; you don't really know what his disability is, only what he has told you (maybe he's a mental case and doesn't want to admit it), and you would first have to find out who of many possible entities is paying him, then contact them. And many disability payments become protected after having been paid so long, even if the disabled person recovers to some extent. On the other hand, if there is an aggressive investigatory media in your area, and they need a story, you might give them a call.