Thermometer with High and Low suitable to handle water?

I once had one filled with mercury that moved little metal pointers. I know HG is out but would like to have similar info. This with out electricity. Dreaming.
Anything exist?
Bill
Ps While trying to spell Thermometer right I was reminded of Thermin.
Spooky music from late 50's movies. Weird and full of wonder
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYho56INKU&NR=1

<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xb4QTXyNSc&feature=related

This one for Billy and Charlie.
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0K9BTSgno

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

I actually could spell thermometer right the first time as well as 'minimum' and 'maximum' ;) Here's one of the many hits http://weathertechstore.com/thermometers/maxmin/index.htm
Val

YES that is the one I had !
Grateful Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Amazing! Old is new to me. Thank you.
Charlie

Maybe in a different genra. The old curmudgeon isn't into smoke, and new age music. I like strings attached.
http://pop.youtube.com/user/avinograd
http://ckuik.com/Hurdy-Gurdy
All music, all books, all movies aren't for all people. No blame. Not trying to be combative but it sounds like a musical saw:-)
--

Billy

The Murder of Rachel Corrie
In article

Wow sounds like "Darkness, Darkness" 3:49 Jesse Colin Young.
I like.
Thermin does sound like a saw. I'd give it a 50 as it is hard to dance to and once is enough for me.
Thanks!
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

In article

Just found this info.
Mr. Love & Justice by Billy Bragg out in a few days. He likes Bush too ;)))
Bill