sun protective clothing

HI,
I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years now and I have had the best results from:
www.sunsmartpr.com www.kristyjuv.com www.shadysun.com www.alexandme.com
There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer service and selection.
I recently found www.kristyjuv.com and she has women's outfits which I have purchased.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

When my wife and I were in equatorial Africa for a month when the sun was directly overhead and we were at 5,000 ft. elevation, we used SPF clothing. We got ours at:
<http://www.llbean.com <http://www.cabellas.com <http://www.rei.com <http://www.landsend.com <http://www.columbia.com
All performed very well, fit very well, and were easy to care for. They were all quick dry fabrics. However, most importantly they must be the correct items:
Long sleeved shirt and blouses, Long legged pants, UVA and UVB protective sunglasses, and, VERY important, a broad brimmed hat. The best hats are at:
<http://www.tilley.com/
They aren't cheap but they are insured against loss, guaranteed and come with an owners manual. Tilley has other SPF/UV certified clothing also.

What's this, double team spammers?

Partially. Tilley hats are amazing.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:54:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Of all things, Rit Dye sells an agent you can wash your clothing in which gives the cloth and sp 30, I believe. It lasts for up to 30 washes in the machine. I started using it a few years ago because the medications I was on made me very photosensitive and my skin would burn through my clothes. After I used this product I was fine. Ordinarily I'd say this was a potential placebo effect, but sunburn is sunburn.

No, I imagine Stephen either
1) Didn't realize the OP was a spammer and took the subject seriously or 2) Wanted to give better quality suppliers than the spammer's.
Kittery Trading Post has a line of sun-protective clothing, I can't remember the name but LLBean also carries it. KTP is a bit cheaper.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade!

That Tillie hat line that someone else mentioned is really good, but I don'tthink the brims are broad enough.. I've got several nicely woven, broad brimmed straw hats I wear out there. I don't burn much, but the sun on my head and in my eyes will bring on migraines guaranteed.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
expounded:

You've gotta get this monster Tilley model - it's a veritable umbrella! http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?catId=1&gender=u&extractBy tegoryId&id=1&productNo=T2

It's ok, but seriously, the tightly woven straw hat I have has a broader brim. I don't have a picture or I'd post it...
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
expounded:

Depends on your needs. I need ONE hat that will also keep the rain off. The Tilley doesn't fail unless I'm in a downpour for about 3 hours. A straw hat would be a sad mess by that point.
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:22:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

When it rains in TX we get out of the way and go inside. It is almost always accompanied by dangerous ground to cloud lightening and cloud to ground lightening. We love rain here, but almost every time it rains there are flash floods and at leas someone dies driving over a road where storm water is flowing. They tell everyone a million times never to drive over even an inch of water as that can drag any vehicle into the creek.

Same here, sometimes. But, trout season begins April 1. If it's over 40 degrees, I'll be out there in the rain.

I have rosacea so my face gets red even without a drop of sun. It flares up when I do anything strenuous. I also have straw hats and they suffice, but they stick in my skin all scratchy after a spell.
The Asian market store sells the hats Asians wear when planting rice. They are cone shaped and I may try that. It is made of bamboo.
I hate getting old. My body is decomposingggggggggggggggg.

My sister has it too, along with MS. I bought her the same hat I have.

Happens to all of us, kiddo, just not always at the same rate. Getting old is not for sissies! :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I am really starting to feel it now, though. I should give my body time to rejuvenate after a year or chemo injections for my Hep C. Hopefully this was the time it worked. I had the same treatment four other times and was negative for several years to have it return.

On Mar 19, 10:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

i find that the sun protective clothing at www.sunsmartpr.com was quit helpful!! yay!!
HI,
I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years now and I have had the best results from:
www.sunsmartpr.com www.kristyjuv.com www.shadysun.com www.alexandme.com
There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer service and selection.
I recently found www.kristyjuv.com and she has women's outfits which I have purchased.

OK- now it's excessive :)
-Toni