Stocks from seed

I've never grown Stocks before. I grew a bunch from seed this year and I guess I got them started too late. They all grew very well- nice big plants- but here it is late October and none of them sent up any flower stalks. I'm in zone 6- northern NJ. These aren't going to surprise me by blooming in November are they? How early do these need to be started to bloom and what's the normal blooming season?
Thanks.

Stocks like cool weather... I've picked them for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in Iowa some years.
When did you start your plants? And which stocks are you growing (mine were common ("6 week" stocks.)
Kay
The variety is Imperial Giants. I planted them in early May. I think the packet said they bloom in 55-80 days. They've had plenty of time to mature.

In my experience, garden stocks are pretty bombproof if grown in full sun, moist but well drained soil, neutral to slightly alkaline pH.
If those are your growing conditions, could they have gotten too much N?
Kay