Snapdragons -- Indiana

This may be the plant I need for a partly sunny raised bed I just built. Do they flower all or most of the summer? I'm in Indiana -- zone 5. Getting 4 hours of strong sun where I want to plant.
Someone told me that they are perennial but not sure about that -- did hear that they will reseed though and come up every year?
Can anyone recommend a good mix of varieties for a group planting of snapdragons only?
thanks
On 5/25/12 1:06 PM, mkr5000 wrote:

they flower all or most of the summer? I'm in Indiana -- zone 5. Getting 4 hours of strong sun where I want to plant.

You might want to ask at a local nursery -- a real nursery, not a lumber yard or hardware store -- or at a meeting of a local garden club.
Where I live, snapdragons are a winter flower and are treated as annuals.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see