small white caterpillars on the tomato plants?

This has probably been asked a dozen times, but I've noticed numerous small caterpillars on my tomatoes spinning some kind of white web. I believe they're killing my foliage and doing damage to the fruit. Can anyone identify them and recommend a way to get rifd of them?
Thanks in advance, Boris Zakharin