small garden , need help

I live in tennessee. This year i decided to attempt to grow a couple of roma tomato plants, some cayenne peppers and herbs. Nothing in the garden is growing properly so far except the cilantro. All of a sudden it picked itself up and starting doing well. The rosemary hasnt budged a bit. The peppers look at bit wilted and all of this is not doing much for my confidence of the roma tomatoes. Can someone point me to a book or give me a few tips? I feel the issue may be drainage or the plants need different amounts of water and some have to much/ to little. Thanks for any help.
Tomatos need lots of sun and frequent watering, but good drainage. I suggest Miracle Grow or organic matter mixed into the soil to help the tomatos.