Sickly tree..

Hi,

A bradford pear tree in my front yard (about 7 years old) looked sickly and dead last summer. This spring it seems to have flowered but has very feaw leaves see images (from May and late June) at

have added acidic fertilizer and after a month it does not seem to have many leaves. Is there any chances of reviving this tree? Is this because of the local soil condition.

I live in Michigan and the house front faces SW and gets plenty of Sun during afternoons.

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
R. Kannan

The tree may be attacked by some pathogen. There are some expensive sprays available, so inquire at your nearest garden center. In any case, I would give the tree one more season to recover. If it doesn't improve, you may have to pull it. Check the base of the tree for any problems like insects or root damage. I'm not sure if these trees have borer problems, but look for distinctive crescent shaped holes in the trunk. You could also take a sample leaf to your nearest extension

service or plant information center for inspection.

Sherw> Hi,

Reply to
sherwindu

sherwindu The tree may be attacked by some pathogen. There are som

expensive sprays available, so inquire at your nearest garden center. In any case, would give the tree one more season to recover. If it doesn't improve, you may hav to pull it. Check the base of the tree for any problems like insects or roo damage. I'm not sure if these trees have borer problems, but look for distinctiv crescent shaped holes in the trunk. You could also take a sample leaf to your neares extension

service or plant information center for inspection.

Sherw Hi,

A bradford pear tree in my front yard (about 7 years old) looke sickly and dead last summer. This spring it seems to have flowered but has ver feaw leaves see images (from May and late June) at

have added acidic fertilizer and after a month it does not seem t have many leaves. Is there any chances of reviving this tree? Is this because of the local soil condition.

I live in Michigan and the house front faces SW and gets plenty o Sun during afternoons.

Any help is appreciated.

if anyone in your area knows someone who runs an orchard that has pea trees maybe ask them if they would come and take a look at your tre for u maybe they would know more about whats wrong with it. also if u cant find anyone contact your agricultural office and they might be able to help u find someone that can help with this issue. good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat