Shrub ID please

Hi there fellow gardeners. Could you tell me, is this image a Philadelphus?
If not, any guesses? Apparently it hasn't flowered in a while, probably due to pruning at wrong time of year???? Thanks.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: wassit 1.jpg | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 817| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
specialbeat

specialbeat;990349 Wrote:

Looks just like philadelphus to me. (Venation of leaves not quite right for Syringa, and usually syringa are thicker and shinier.) And yes, if you prune them in winter or spring you do lose the flowers. Prune immediately after flowering, so usually in about July, and preserve some new shoots that are forming, those are the ones that will flower next year.
echinosum

specialbeat;990349 Wrote: > Hi there fellow gardeners. Could you tell me, is this image a > Philadelphus?

> due to pruning at wrong time of year???? Thanks.
Yes, could be Philadelphus but looks like a Deutzia as well, you will soon know because the former is scented and the latter not but in either case, prune after flowering,
Regards, Lannerman.
lannerman

It's a common problem in these days and many peoples are worried due to this problem.I think you should share some pics to identify it.
NobitaO1

NobitaO1 wrote:

Oh yes we all need to share pics to avoid such excruciating worry. More sharing, more pics, less worry, less problems. I don't know how we have survived so long without nobita saving us from the evils of excessive worry over plant ID. The world is swamped, I mean deluged, with worry, so sad, <sniff> but what can you do, I mean what can you do... I am just tearing-up with worry here...... poor plants.... poor pics......poor peoples ...... I can't go on.
Argggggggggg an unidentified plant!