seeding Colorado native grasses

I am getting ready to seed my yard in Colorado with native grasses. My landscape architect says that there is no way that I will be able to get the yard going without using chemicals to control weeds. This does not appeal to me in general, and in particular since I have a vegetable garden surrounded by the yard. What are the least offensive chemicals I can use to control weeds in this situation?
snipped-for-privacy@niwot.scd.ucar.edu (Fred Clare) wrote:

Lime and Powdered Milk. Yang and Yin. Lime being Basic and Milk being Acid.
Good luck...perhaps a trial area is worth a look see.
William(Bill)
--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade Earth sometimes.
There is atleast one word misspelled deliberately in the above post. ;))