Repotted grapefruit tree

x-no-archive: yes

I grew this tree from seed (from a pink grapefruit, I think Ruby Red variety) and it's now seven years old and about five feet tall. I've kept it in a sunny, south-facing window in a five-gallon pot. I had it repotted recently in a 15-gallon pot in rich potting mix with organic fertilizer added. I also had some very light pruning done at the tips of each branch (the plant was a bit leggy from having been grown indoors).

The plant (still shocked from having spent the week at a strange nursery and then having endured a bumpy ride home in the trunk of a Volvo) sat there for about a week or so, then decided to explode with fresh growth. There are new branches with shiny green leaves coming out all over the place!

No telling if/when it will blossom and fruit. However, it definitely seems to be in a better mood. ;-)

-- dkra (North Oakland, California, USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 16/17)

Reply to
dkra