Red blistering leaves of Dwarf Peach tree

Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters. I took a leaf to a local garden shop and they didn't know how it was happening. I can send a picture if needed.

Sure you can, post it here: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
BetsyB
Can't find alt.binaries.pictures.gardens on Google
Try this http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/wvufarm8b.html . or http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2209.htm My guess from this distance would be Bacterial Spot.
Thanks for the reply. Its not Bacterial Spot there's no white center, no shot look. It starts as a green blister, that turns red. I post a picture on alt.binariies.pictures.gardens
On 28 May 2006 11:52:43 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@COMCAST.NET wrote:

Is it this?
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3006.html
Hard to imagine a reputable nursery that couldn't identify leaf curl, but you never know.
-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to snipped-for-privacy@ebayadelkadell.applecom
On 29 May 2006 03:29:51 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@COMCAST.NET wrote:

Could be worse. Easy enough to treat, but you have to wait for dormancy. My peach is curl-free this year, thankfully, but I have been treating for a couple of years.
-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to snipped-for-privacy@ebayadelkadell.applecom
Yes, please send a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. In the meantime, search the Web for a disease called Peach Leaf Curl.
suzy o., zone 5, wisconsin

What you are describing is Peach Leaf Curl. The pictures displayed in some of the postings are extreme cases, and likely as not yours will not be this pronounced. Some peach varieties are less susceptible to the disease than others.
Regardless, to what commercial chemicals manufactures advertise as a cure. I have found, over the years, dealing with this disease, there is only one satisfactory cure I have found. It is Copper, and must be applied during dormancy. I use Ortho brand, and the name of it is "Copper". I have used other fungicides but with only limited success.
I apply it twice a year, once after leaf fall, and again just before bud swell.
If there is only a few leaves that are infected, harvest(pick) them and get them away from the tree. Sometimes you can limit the spread until dormit spraying time.
Have a good day-SodB! On 28 May 2006 10:34:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@COMCAST.NET wrote:

We have a tree that's had this about 3 seasons now. I don't think there's a healthy leaf on this thing now and are considering taking it down.
Is it worth trying to save it by treating for it now? Or should we just go ahead and chop it down?
Sally

if it was a good peach, treat it. Ingrid

As far as the most likely suspect, I'd say it's peach leaf curl, a fungal disease. Check out the pictures here and see how they compare to your leaves: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3006.html .
Let me know if this is or is not the problem.
Suzy O, zone 5, Wisconsin