recommendations for houseplants - direct sunlight

Hello, I have a sunroom that gets a lot of direct and indirect sunlight during the day. I already have a number of large plants which have been growing extremely well. But I would like some more tropical plants which like a lot of sun.
Thanks,
Ficus trees...
John Houston - Where I grow them on the back porch in direct sunlight for half the day or more

Find yourself a ponytail plant. Loves sun, very pretty, puts up with sporadic watering in case you sometimes forget. I've had mine for 25 years. Great plant. I'd give you the Latin name, but I just moved and my plant books haven't escaped from their U-Haul boxes yet.

Beaucarnea recurvata.
Why waste space on overly large plants when you can have several smaller ones of all kinds of shapes and sizes?
In the location you describe, you can grow almost anything that does well indoors. Both foliage and flowering plants!!

The ponytail plant is vertically large, but horizontally slim, at least when compared to SOME other houseplants. Fits into skinny spaces.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (Baba Diabate) wrote in message

I put out my houseplants for the summer and amongst those that take full sun from day 1, no prob, there are 3 scheffleras (one variegated, two green), mango, lime, rosemary, rubber plant, banana, sansevieria, date palms, and surprisingly, dracaena marginata. my barber shop has a wall of scheffleras that covers a large window in full sun, really hot location, no prob either. I put the ficus where it gets sunlight after 4 pm, and as the other poster suggested, it is probably a good one too. also suprisingly, aloe sunburns when suddenly exposed to full sun, as does avocado. schefflera, banana, and rubber plant will grow to be small trees in that location.