Re: FYI - Sevin Pesticide caused aphid infestation

The joys of the worldwide web.....

You've simply made up your mind to dig in and latch on to any and all excuses to continue to not learn to garden.

I'll bet they've grown in that typical tortured form with a leaf, what every 12-18 inches?

Nothing, it's a perfect choice!

long
for
Pothos
in.
smarts.
And again you prove how worthless you are.
Infested with what?
What's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?
You're quite happy to point out folks mistakes, then don't actually try to help any of them. So far you haven't provided one shred of USEFUL information in your posts.

Not when you called it a Pothos... What you said was:
And that piece of shit Pothos is likely infested because of the abnormal form you're growing it in

Inadequacies? Sure, call them that. I'm *NOT* a gardener. I still plants in dirt and then water them when they seem dry.

*shrug* The bottles on the store shelf do what they say they will. I'll just keep using them.

You don't have a shower?
Im not trying to flame you, but the reason that you have an aphid infestation is that you were indicriminantly spraying your flowers every few weeks. Spraying only works when there is a pest present. You cannot prevent insects. By spraying over and over, the few aphids that do survive pass thier genetic information on to thier young, who then are also resistant. This happens fast because aphids reproduce incredibly fast. I give this info to my customers on a daily basis: do not spray an insecticide unless you SEE insects and there are enough of them to make an impact on the plant. As for japanese beetles, I pick a few off as I walk by my plants on the way to work in the morning. Im not pushing organic gardening here, im urging common sense! Horticultural oil works very good on aphids.
Toad

Oil smothers the insects it covers. <Mixing soap and oil can be somewhat counter productive since the soap is formulated to break down cooking oils. Try using them separately for better results.
Great wife!

Way to go Frogleg!!!!

The way you're moving you'll soon see the error in your ways! :>)

It's a start! Did you know Scultz makes a new water soluble fertilizer which also has humates? I use it on my container plants, particularly on the brugmansia which eat and eat. I don't use it in the ground, for that I use only certified organic and compost.
If you continue to come over to organic method, you are going to find not only is it easier, but much more effective.
Hmmm . . . I truly wonder why you are doing this at all. Aside from killing off the paper wasps that build their nests over doors and in trash cans, we haven't used any insecticide in our yard at all for three years -- in 2000 we had a massive infestation of one of the peach trees with tent caterpillars; a single application of pyrethrin cured that -- and we have remarkably little in the way of insect damage to our plants. The beneficial insects, and birds, and reptiles, and amphibians, and little grey shrews all happily munch away keeping the damaging insects, and each other, under control. It's cheap, easy, effective, sustainable, and one heck of a lot less toxic to both you and the environment.
Chris Owens