Pruning night blooming jasmine

My night blooming jasmine is in the Houston area, in a large pot, is about 4' tall and is just now starting to show some new leaves - although rather few.
Despite being brought in to the garage when we our temps dropped into the 20's, appears the outer portions of most branches are dried out and brown - and there is no green wood.
How much should I prune the limbs back?
Interesting to note the Poet's jasmine that is right next to this one had green leaves all through the winter - perhaps because it is a vine instead of a shrub.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Regards,
Doug

Cut back to sound wood, scratch the bark -green means alive and bone white or brown is dead.