Protecting my Hibiscus with a garbage bag

My sprinkler system with hit my newly planted Hibiscus, so I will put a garbage bag over them before I go to bed because my sprinkler system goes on at 4:30 AM and I will take the garbage bags off when I get up in the morning. This will be done every 3rd day. Is there any problem with this method?
Richard
Richard Miller wrote:

Why?

USDA Zone 8